The term ‘The Good Box’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 15 Glenfern Avenue, Kedron QLD 4031. Our ABN is 24630582017. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
If you are a ‘The Good Box’ Volunteer:
By submitting your application, you consent to The Good Box retaining your application and personal information contained within. Personal information shall only be retained for as long as required relating to the primary purpose of collection. You may withdraw your consent at any time in writing.
Volunteers are to be open and honest about health and physical conditions that may not allow them to partake in some volunteering activities safely. Volunteers are covered under ‘Asvar Insurance’ for Public Liability. Please note there are some activities this may not cover and while all measures will be put in place, volunteers are accountable for their own actions and safety. If any incidents occur on site, volunteers must fill out an incident report on Campfire.
Volunteers will treat everyone with respect and follow the rules given by a Good Box staff member. Volunteers will provide all feedback or concerns in writing over email to one of the Good Box co-founders.
You are only considered a Good Box volunteer if you:
- Have read ‘The Good Box’ volunteer manual
- Completed the activities in the manual
- Completed your first ‘The Good Box’ shift
If you are handing out boxes:
- Although the idea behind our boxes is that you have opportunity to deal face to face with homeless people and see what their lives entail, please bear in mind that when handing out boxes you are approaching strangers who may not know your motivation and may not be immediately comfortable with you. Please use common sense and try and gauge whether the approach is happening at the right time. Although we believe that it is unlikely that there will be any issues, we will not be liable should you suffer any injury or loss while handing out boxes.
If you are donating boxes to a charity:
- Boxes are sent to ‘The Good Box’ charity partners at the end of each month (find the full list as a drop down under ‘FAQ’).
- The charities that receive the box run each month are dependent on their needs at that time. We cannot guarantee which charity your donation will go to at the time of purchase. Please note that if you buy a box in a particular month, it does not mean that box will be sent to a charity in that particular month, it may wait till the next box run. It is dependant on the needs at the time.
- Your box may also go to someone directly in need, an agency helping those experiencing homelessness or a police station rather than a charity, depending on the situation at the time.
General Terms and Conditions
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Australia.